Saturday, January 7, 2017

Early Days at My Foster Home











Thanks for checking in again!  These photos were taken on my first full day at my foster home, soon after I returned from the groomer's.  She said I was so good, and she is sure I will find the perfect home soon!  I felt wonderful after I got all the yucky, long, matted, dirty hair cut off. I still hear my foster mom say how soft my fur is, even though it has been a few weeks since I was groomed. I have very thick hair that is brownish in some places, and grey and white in other places.  And I can grow it out longer if you like a dog with longer hair!  :)  I am lucky to be a handsome dog either way!

And I am doing well!  When I first arrived, I was doing a lot of licking of my fur which could be because of the flea infestation from back at the shelter, and I still had some areas that were healing (scabbed over in places where I did too much licking).  I took Apoquel twice a day for two weeks, and now I am taking it once a day, and now I don't lick any more than any other dog!  My skin has just about returned to normal and my foster mom is hoping I can be weaned off of this medication.  And I don't take any other medication because I am really pretty healthy and doing well.  And did I mention handsome?

Please come back to my blog again soon. I will be writing more about life in my foster home as I wait for the just-right person to see me and want to give me a wonderful forever home. I will be sharing things like how I leap in the air when I see my foster mom, and how I give her kisses and sleep at her feet. I have a lot of love to share.

If you think YOU might be the just-right person, read this first:

http://www.blinddogrescue.org/adoption/info/

Then, here's the link to the adoption application:  

http://www.blinddogrescue.org/adoption/application/


No comments:

Post a Comment