Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The First Chapter! At the Shelter :(


Hi!  Here I am, at the shelter in North Carolina!  Read more of my story below!








Welcome to my blog!  I will be blogging about once a week until I find the perfect forever home! So, the pictures above are from the shelter.  My family in North Carolina decided they didn't want me anymore.  Not sure why, because I am a pretty great dog, but they dumped me at a shelter. My heart was broken into a thousand pieces when I was left alone in a strange place with lots of dogs barking and no soft, warm bed. I wasn't sure what would happen to me. Lucky for me, my foster mom spotted my shelter pictures and decided she wanted to foster me. The Blind Dog Rescue arranged to spring me from the shelter jail, and I ended up in Virginia in December. Lucky, lucky, LUCKY me!


I got to Virginia on a "transport," which means a number of people each drove about an hour, and I went from car to car to car, until I ended up at my foster home!  The picture just above, with the red leash, is from the transport; one of the drivers is holding me. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I was a very good boy!

My foster mom had already made a grooming appointment for me the very next day after I arrived because she heard I was covered in dirty, long hair with lots of mats. You can tell I am a handsome dog, but I definitely needed a bath and haircut!  It was pretty clear the family that had me in North Carolina wasn't taking very good care of me. But all that has changed now!  I am in great hands with the Blind Dog Rescue, and am excited about finding the perfect forever home!  

Please check back here for more of my story!  And think about whether you might be the right person to fill out an adoption application.  If you think you might be, read this first:

http://www.blinddogrescue.org/adoption/info/

Then, here's the link to the adoption application:  

http://www.blinddogrescue.org/adoption/application/

No comments:

Post a Comment